Re: Why is sendmail bad?

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 11:45 -0800, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> There seems to be a lot of dissatisfaction with sendmail in the call to
> replace it with Exim or Postfix, but I didn't see any specifics about why
> people object to it. Anyone care to give details?

When i switched from Sendmail to Qmail then to Postfix, the biggest
reason was Qmail's and Postfix's modular architecture, which allows not
only much better security, but more flexibility and better performance.
The same argument worked for Postfix and Qmail, but against Sendmail and
Exim.

I would have stayed with Qmail, were it not for it's weird licence and
lack of active development.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/