Re: Headsup: dbus 1.12.10-1.fc29 is missing systemd dbus.service file, breaking almost everything

Den mån 3 sep. 2018 kl 12:56 skrev Fabio Valentini <decathorpe@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On Mon, Sep 3, 2018, 09:13 Ron Yorston <rmy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Adam Williamson wrote:

>> >It's a Change that was properly announced and extensively discussed on
>> >this list.
>>
>> Since some Fedora users may not read this list, I hope that these
>> changes will be prominently mentioned in the release documentation.
>>
>> Preferably for F30 as well as F29 so that users who only update to every
>> other release will also receive notification.
>>
>> Ron
>

> Well, one might argue that users who really want to run pre-beta releases of fedora are also expected to follow the discussions and announcements here.
> fedora 29 really isn't ready for end users yet (as witnessed by this thread) - it's not even in beta after all - so if you don't (or can't) keep up with the news and development discussions, you really shouldn't be running fedora 29 yet IMO.
>
> I know that doesn't help rescue the borked systems, but running alpha-quality code is bound to lead to problems, and users are expected to be able to deal with them - otherwise they should stick to stable releases.
>
> Fabio

The thing is, if people do not test releases they will never be
stable. And even if I don't know how to access my F29 installation
from a chroot sometimes my testing is valuable to the project. Also, I
think that my testing has shown that a lack of root account and boot
menu has lead to a much worser user experience in certain cases.

/Andreas