Re: fedora-tagger sunset - week post F29 beta freeze

Mattia Verga wrote:
> The Group tag would not fix exactly what I mean. I wouldn't want to create groups of packages, but apply descriptive tags of the abilities of the package.
> For example, in some of the packages I maintain:
> ccdciel: astronomy, astrophotography, imaging, telescope
> skychart: astronomy, telescope, planetarium
> kpmcore: administration, disk, partition, utility
>
> ... so that a user can search for those tags in a package manager, instead of searching Google to find what software can do what he's searching for and then search for that package in the package manager to find if Fedora ships it.

Why don't you just write your descriptions to include those words?

One can already find CCDciel with "yum search all telescope", Skychart
with "yum search all planetarium", and KPMcore with "yum search all
partition". Searching for "astronom" (to catch both "astronomy" and
"astronomer") finds both CCDciel and Skychart.

You can improve on this by expanding your packages' descriptions to
include the words you listed. If you can't come up with a sentence that
describes your package and includes the word you want, then perhaps
that word isn't actually a good tag for that package?

Björn Persson