Re: Packages which use the BuildRoot: directive

MM> Yeah, this argument seems pretty compelling to me. I think that if
MM> people want to maintain an outside spec file, they *must* also
MM> respect changes made to the primary one in dist-git.

I took a break from this discussion, but I did want to point out that
the guideline itself does say pretty much exactly that:

"If some maintainers are also attempting to keep copies of a spec in an
outside repository, they MUST be prepared to merge changes made to the
spec in Fedora's repository, and MUST NOT overwrite those changes with a
copy from an external repository or using fedpkg import. "

We don't say that you can't maintain a copy externally, only that
Fedora's specfile is part of Fedora and that maintainers must expect
that Fedora will occasionally be modifying it.  Surely it isn't too much
to ask that those modifications not be wiped out.

 - J<