Re: equivalent of Debian config-package?

Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> 1. Do not strip out who you are replying to. There are hundreds of
> people on this list and people come in at different times... and I am
> not sure who "You" was.

Apologies, it was a mistake due to Gnus configuration and replying
through Gmane; I understand mail lists.

> 2. Saying that Fedora/RH isn't interested by 1-2 comments is like me
> walking into Debian lists getting 1 person saying "noone would ever
> use Ansible" and assuming they speak for all of Debian.

I was responding to the project leader commenting on the Fedora answer,
but I put it too strongly while suffering from a strong virus.

> 4. System administration/configuration management is 99% "I have a
> solution I endure and I don't have time to re-engineer it." and 1% "Oh
> I think I want to write my own configuration management toolkit
> because I can't endure what I am doing now." You are going to get
> pushback from any site you are proposing this to until you show it is
> useful for them.

I'm not convinced I need Unix system management explaining after so
long, or how my department works.