Re: Hiding the grub menu by default on single OS installs

On 06/01/2018 12:10 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Michael Watters wrote:
>
>> What about users that don't use a graphical login manager?  Personally I
>> *like* seeing boot messages so that I know what is going on.
>>
>> Having the menu available is also quite useful for booting into rescue
>> mode or selecting a different kernel.
> Note, this is all about defaults.  If *you* like something, you can always
> modify the configuration to bring it back.

That still overlooks my chief concern here... what if you need the
classic behavior during an install attempt?  Are we going to be forced
to produce custom live images just so we can see what the hell is going
wrong?  I love that a can make Fedora my Fedora, but this sounds like a
proposal to drive me away the first time I'm bitten by it.

Also, I'm entirely unclear on the scope.  Is the affecting Fedora
Workstation (GNOME) only or all spins?  The proposal says Workstation
but it doesn't explicitly exempt the others, unless I missed something.
If it's confined to the Workstation/GNOME install, I'm unaffected
because that spin already has removed so much choice that I'll never
consider it again.

--
John Florian