Re: F29 System Wide Change: Move /usr/bin/python into a separate

On 05/25/2018 06:57 AM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
>> Was a case made to make this test gate packages in bodhi?
>
> I think having the failure also happen in local mock is actually
> better.
I agree with Zbyszek (and I think Tibbs was also making this argument).
I think both solutions would work, but doing it with the build system is
more "responsive" to the packagers. I for one do react to the taskotron
test results in my packages, but I don't always fix it right away
because I just spent a lot of time writing spec file changes,
committing, cherry picking, building, making updates, and ooopps,
there's some problem. Of course, if it's a serious problem I do fix it
right away, but if it's minor I'll probably just make a commit but not
another build/update, or I might just file a ticket or a todo to fix it
later. If it fails during build, that gives me incentive to fix it now
for two reasons: my head is currently in the "edit a spec file space",
and if I don't fix it I can't even get my build done.