Re: Purpose of non-user visible groups in comps?

> On Mon, 2018-05-21 at 10:49 -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
>
> In general, non-user-visible groups exist for a couple of purposes.
> Many exist to be used in the compose process - they define groups we
> want to pull into images, but we don't want users to be able to use
> them directly. Another case is the critical-path groups, which exist
> specifically for the purpose of defining the contents of the 'critical
> path' and not for any other purpose - it wouldn't make sense for these
> to be visible in anaconda/dnf.

BTW, there's a further complication I forgot to mention before: IIRC,
'user visibility' per comps only really affects dnf now. It doesn't
affect anaconda any more. The groups that are visible in anaconda are
only the ones listed as 'option groups' for an environment group.
Groups that are marked 'user visible', but are not an option group for
any environment group, cannot in fact be selected through the installer
UI.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey