Re: starting services in fedora

On 04/17/2018 01:12 PM, R P Herrold wrote:
On Tue, 17 Apr 2018, Samuel Sieb wrote:
I would assume that services that require configuration
before being useful would not be enabled by default.

I thing this is a mistaken assumption, and that we are moving
into matters of sysadmin taste

The SSHD is enabled by default, and likely to remain so

We pre-inject a management key for root in a %post stanza of
an install, but we still need to go in and add restrictions to
keyed access only, down in
	/etc/sshd/
and IP range lockdowns

The Rsyslogd is enabled by default, but has essentally useless
default settings -- no Mark service, no UDP listener, local
host loggin only

Both of those are also examples of packages that you are unlikely to be installing separately. Those both get installed by default on the initial installation so wouldn't be affected by what is being discussed in this thread.