Re: What to do when test gating in bodhi fails (no test results found)?

On 04/01/2018 11:29 PM, Parag Nemade wrote:
> Now exactly after 12 hrs I logged into bodhi and can see that link to
> push to stable. Is there any delay in getting that link? If so why is
> this much delay?

The Bodhi integration with Greenwave is not complete, but is kind of a
"bare minimum" implementation: there is a cron job that runs every 6
hours to poll greenwave about non-stable Bodhi updates. It's not ideal.
The goal is to add a fedmsg listener so that Bodhi knows about Greenwave
decisions immediately[0].

However, fedmsgs are not guaranteed to be delivered, so in the original
design it was decided that we needed to have a cron job *and* a fedmsg
listener. The cron job would be there in case any fedmsgs from Greenwave
were lost (so that we didn't get updates that are eternally stuck), and
the fedmsgs would be the "normal" path for synchronous decisions. Since
the cron job would "work" (not great, but work) without the fedmsg but
the fedmsg would not work without the cron job (eternally stuck updates)
we decided to implement the cron job first. Unfortunately, I have way
too many higher priority items on my list right now so I haven't
prioritized adding the fedmsg listener (pull requests welcome ☺).

> Also, How can one know that waiver has been created for some update in
> bodhi UI? Is there no log available to end user for his updates about
> how this test gating system worked on his updates that resulted
> successful or failed testing?

I don't know if there is a way to know this right now, other than
waiting up to 6 hours.

Bodhi does actually have a UI to submit waivers (to avoid the CLI and
the confusing data hunting), but it needs an auth token configured to
allow it to talk to waiverdb[1] (Bodhi hides the waiverdb UI when it
doesn't have a token to talk to waiverdb). Fedora infrastructure is
currently in a freeze, so we cannot add that token at this time. The
freeze should lift on Wednesday.

[0] https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/issues/1513
[1] https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/6738