Re: Using the Fedora infra for crypto-mining

Yeah kevin,

not much of it even seems possible let alone plausible.

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 4:17 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 03/19/2018 01:08 PM, Zachary Snyder wrote:
> I feel like if this were going on there are multiple eyes on the machines
> that support FAS and the infra.
> Personally I don't think it is a concern. CPU hashing doesn't even report
> successes because of
> blockchain difficultly, In any coin that matters.
>
> Not a bad thing to bring up though, so that maybe now more eyes can be wary
> of it going forward.
>
> Github: https://github.com/Sadin | Pagure: https://pagure.io/user/sadin |
> Twitter: https://twitter.com/sadinzs | Mastodon:
> https://mastodon.social/@sadinzs

Sure, we will keep an eye out, but I don't see this as too likely.

I'm not by any means an expert on crypto-mining, but I suspect for many
of them you need a internet connection (which is lacking in koji and
copr unless you know to turn the option on), additionally I think at
least for bitcoin, mining with "normal" CPU's is not even worth the time
to setup... you need a vast pile of GPUs or ASICs these days, and even
then you need many orders of magnitude more nodes than we have koji
builders or copr builders.

Anyhow, thanks for the heads up, will keep watch for them.

kevin