Re: What to do when test gating in bodhi fails (no test results found)?

On Mon, 2018-03-19 at 15:57 +0100, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 03:41:15PM +0100, Dan Horák wrote:
> > On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 14:06:56 +0100
> > Dan Horák <dan@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2018-200708ae05 is in
> > > the same situation, all tests are green, but "no test results found"
> > > is reported. It's not very user friendly ...
> >
> > and https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2018-71350d90a7 is
> > even more interesting with "The update can not be pushed: 1 of 2
> > required tests not found", but the listed tests are again all green. No
> > idea what's missing from the output.
>
> All the tests can be green if the "important" ones are missing, they don't show
> :(
>
> The important ones are the ones defined in the policy that gates packages and
> are listed here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CI/gating_updates
>
> waiverdb-cli should now support waiving missing results, I'm double-checking it
> and see if we can document it at:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_update_HOWTO#Handling_feedback_from_automated_tests
> next to the other examples.

It is also still the case that unpushing and re-pushing the update
should re-trigger the tests in Taskotron, at the cost of re-setting the
karma and 'wait time' clocks for the update (so you'll need to either
get positive karma or wait 7 or 14 days before being able to push it,
from the time of the re-push).

One obvious easy win here would be to change the "No test results
found" text, as it's clearly confusing. It could be something like "No
results found for blocking tests", perhaps? We could even give Bodhi
the ability to list the names of the 'expected' blocking tests, and
have the text show that somehow, whether as a hyperlink or perhaps just
as a mouseover or something?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey