Re: Gating packages in Rawhide

On 03/15/2018 04:57 PM, Mohan Boddu wrote:
>> As one of the Bodhi contributors, I am inclined to suggest that we could
>> use Bodhi on Rawhide, similar to how we use it for our stable/branched
>> releases, with more relaxed rules (perhaps 1 day in testing or something
>> simple).

> We need a better approach for this, since I am not exactly sure what this
> solve as it just waiting for only 1 day.

It will introduce automated test gating, which will help identify a few
common problems (like missing dependencies). As mentioned elsewhere in
the thread, we wouldn't even have to make it wait a day if we don't want
to - we could send it on its way once tests pass (this would simply be a
matter of policy).