Re: Gating packages in Rawhide

Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> On 03/09/2018 05:42 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>
>> Because a broken dependency in ANY package included on ANY
>> release-critical deliverable now fails the ENTIRE compose process. It is
>> clear that this does not scale.
>
> That is not what is causing the broken composes. See my last email.

At least one of the daily composes failed due to that (the last before
things started working again). And I think several previous ones either also
failed the same way, or the error was masked by a failure earlier in the
process. The KDE Spin unfortunately had several issues with broken
dependencies in those 2 weeks, e.g., I had to fight with a qt5-qtwebengine
FTBFS caused by a GCC 8 regression that took us a few days to work around
(and the GCC team a few more days to fix in GCC, but at least the workaround
worked), which prevented rebuilding it for a new Qt and a new soname of some
other library. (I do not follow the other release-blocking deliverables
closely enough to know what their state was in those 2 weeks.)

        Kevin Kofler