Re: Gating packages in Rawhide

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> yeah, but you would have even better workflow with a side tag.

The problem with a workflow relying entirely on side tags is that it is
going to increase the risk of conflicts with concurrent changes (a
phenomenon already somewhat present where side tags are used, but using side
tags for everything is going to make it worse).

If my package depends on liba and libb, and if we have side tags f29-liba
and f29-libb at the same time, when they are merged, the rebuild merged
later will replace the one merged earlier and we will still end up with a
half-broken package, or if we're lucky, the gating will fail the second
merge (but only if the gated merges are serialized, otherwise there is a
possible race condition there too).

        Kevin Kofler