Re: Gating packages in Rawhide

On 03/09/2018 05:42 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Broken dependency notifications are disabled because the scripts are broken:
> they still use yum, which does not support the boolean dependencies. It is
> sad that this was still not fixed after months. Instead of wasting their
> time on annoyances such as update batching and now Rawhide gating, the
> infrastructure team should instead spend it to fix the existing essential QA
> tools.

Note that this script was disabled only 16 days ago. True it didn't
understand rich deps, but until then it was reporting all the rest
correctly. Also that tool would fall under releng, and as far as I know
infrastructure has "wasted" no time on update batching or rawhide
gating, nor really spent any time on it at all. I have definitely
personally spent time answering emails and tickets and talking in fesco
meetings, but thats as a fesco member and has nothing to do with
infrastructure.

If this tool is important to you, perhaps you would like to step up and
help fix it?
Or as a workaround you could run dnf repoclosure or look at:
https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/compose/rawhide/Fedora-Rawhide-20180308.n.2/logs/x86_64/repoclosure-Everything.x86_64.log

https://pagure.io/releng/issue/6365  is the releng ticket tracking this
work.

...snip...

> Because a broken dependency in ANY package included on ANY release-critical
> deliverable now fails the ENTIRE compose process. It is clear that this does
> not scale.

That is not what is causing the broken composes. See my last email.

kevin