Re: <DKIM> Re: Frequently broken Rawhide/Branched composes

On 03/02/2018 08:42 AM, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le vendredi 02 mars 2018 à 10:52 +0100, Pierre-Yves Chibon a écrit :

...snip...

>> That'd actually give us the opportunity to clean up more our repos no?
>> :)
>
> Explain that to someone who had several hours/days of builds rejected
> because of a broken obsolete package somewhere in the repo :(

Well, it wouldn't be rejected, it just would be held.

* Get your side tag
* Do all your bootstrapping builds and rebuilding things that depend on
it in the side tag.
* submit it, and it gets checked

Say there's one old package that doesn't build anymore against the new
stack. You could either wait for it to get fixed or decide the rest of
the builds are too important and wave the test to move them in.
There would still be some breakage there (the one old package), but at
least we would have record of who said that was ok so we could talk to
them, and it's a deliberate decision.

kevin