Re: Wyland is a disaster

On Tue, 2018-01-30 at 10:15 -0800, Howard Howell wrote:
> On Tue, 2018-01-30 at 10:49 -0500, Przemek Klosowski wrote:
> > On 01/29/2018 09:33 PM, mcatanzaro@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > Please see my earlier post in this thread regarding how to get a
> > > stacktrace out of coredumpctl
> >
> > This is a great debugging harness; thanks for pointing it out as I
> > didn't know about it.
> >
> > I am currently reporting my pan-crashing-Wayland crashing issue on
> > gnome.org---but in the true Heisenbug fashion it stopped crashing,
> > so
> > can't reproduce it now. It was crashing almost every time I used
> > the
> > pan
> > newsreader (the three crash dumps I submitted were just few days
> > apart
> > in my coredumpctl records), but now they're as solid as rock.
> >
> > I have to say that the GNOME developers responded almost
> > immediately,
> > and I feel stupid for not being able to demonstrate replication. I
> > am
> > really curious about the nature of this bug: it must be some weird
> > interaction---perhaps related to memory use or something like that.
>
> I had the same experience.  I loaded all the tools that were
> recommended, and the crashes seem to have stopped ( that is no
> crashes
> since I loaded all the tools.) Maybe there is a hidden fix in the
> debug
> stuff.
>
> Regards,
> Les H
spoke too soon.  Just got logged out.  Had just finished looking up
some info on bitcoin on the web, then closed the browser, moved the
mouse toward the top annunciation in the top banner of the desktop.
Screen went dark and dropped me out to the login window.

Checking logs and backtrace to see if I can find anything useful...
Later post if I do.

Regards,
Les H