Re: Test gating enabled in Bodhi

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 2:28 AM, Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Finally, if it turns out you need to push an update through despite of the test
> results, you can do so using waiver-cli (dnf install waiverdb-cli). We are
> working on integrating this into Bodhi itself, making this easier.

Good!  I need this.  So let's apply it to my update.  Hmmmm, there is
no man page in the waiverdb-cli package.  There are no instructions on
how to use it in this email.

> We have started a wiki page to store all of this information and that we will
> keep up to date as improvements are done or for any frequent questions coming up:
>
>   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CI/gating_updates

There are no instructions on how to use it on this wiki page.  Okay,
we'll try using --help:

$ waiverdb-cli --help
Usage: waiverdb-cli [OPTIONS]

  Creates new waivers against test results.

  Examples:

      waiverdb-cli -r 123 -r 456 -p "fedora-26" -c "It's dead!"

  -C, --config-file PATH      Specify a config file to use
  -r, --result-id INTEGER     Specify one or more results to be waived
  -p, --product-version TEXT  Specify one of PDC's product version
                              identifiers.
  --waived / --no-waived      Whether or not the result is waived
  -c, --comment TEXT          A comment explaining why the result is waived
  -h, --help                  Show this message and exit.

Ooooookaaaaaay, so what is a result-id and how do I figure out which
one I need to supply for my particular case?  I can guess what a
product-version is, but why is it in a different format from every
other Fedora tool that takes such a thing?  How do I point this tool
at the update of mine that is currently being blocked?

Where are the instructions?  Why is informing packagers, the group
most affected by this change, an afterthought?  We should have been
told about all of this, in detail, prior to the thing being turned on,
*well* before it was turned on.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/