Re: Test gating enabled in Bodhi

On Tue, 23 Jan 2018 11:06:59 +0100
Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 09:42:50AM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 10:28:14AM +0100, Pierre-Yves Chibon
> > wrote:
> > > Good Morning Fedorans!
> > >
> > > On Thursday, a new version of Bodhi was deployed that enabled
> > > Bodhi to gate updates based on test results. You may notice a
> > > "Test Gating Status" message in the right have side of the page.
> > >
> > > One thing to know about this is that there is currently a
> > > confusing issue where Bodhi will say that the tests have failed
> > > when the tests haven't finished running[0]. We are working on
> > > solving that issue, but for now you can just wait a while and it
> > > should report the result once all the tests have finished.
> > >
> > > There are three tests that must pass in order for updates to go
> > > to stable:
> > >
> > > 0. dist.depcheck - to make sure the update's dependencies are
> > > available. 1. dist.abicheck - to make sure the update's ABI
> > > remains stable in a given Fedora release.
> > > 2. AtomicCI pipeline - packages that are part of the Atomic Host
> > > *and* include in their dist-git tests, must have these tests
> > > passed in the AtomicCI pipeline
> >
> > This update cannot be pushed:
> >
> >   https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2018-932548462e
> >
> > When I click on the "automated tests" it says:
> >
> >   "Automated Test Results
> >   Failed to talk to Greenwave.
> >   The update can not be pushed: 1 of 2 required tests not found"
> >
> > and then the only "red" test (ie. failure) is rpmlint which is just
> > a bunch of rpmlint being wrong.  Nothing about "dist.depcheck" or
> > "dist.abicheck" is mentioned anywhere.
>
> abicheck is the first test results shown in the automated tests tab
> but indeed, no depcheck mentioned. Maybe someone from taskotron could
> help us on this?

In this particular case, I think that the update in question went from
updates-testing-pending to updates-testing while taskotron was down for
an updgrade on the 9th. There are no rpmdeplint results in resultsdb
which is what I assume greenwave is complaining about.

To be honest, we've always assumed that this situation was unlikely,
verging on impossible due to the way that rpmdeplint is scheduled and
run. Obviously, it's more likely than we thought and is an issue that
we'll need to address going forward before gating can be enabled for
everything.

Actually, all of these issues are a bit surprising and there are
several things which have gone from "eh, nobody cares. we'll get around
to it someday" to "we should probably get that figured out now-ish" due
to the issues raised around the gating in bodhi.

Tim