Re: LizardFS NFS Ganesha integration with no shared library available

On Thu, 2018-01-18 at 07:34 -0500, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY wrote:
> On 01/18/2018 03:23 AM, Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> > What is the best way for me to include NFS Ganesha support in LizardFS?
> >    1. Include the latest Fedora NFS Ganesha source and add a hard requires
> >       to that version in the LizardFS NFS subpackage.
> >    2. Convince the LizardFS developers to try to move their FSAL into NFS
> >       Ganesha? (LizardFS has just added a client library and doesn't have
> >       a server library, so this will probably take some work)
>
> That would be the path of least resistance. And the one I would suggest
> and highly recommend. If they've already written a FSAL it should be
> easy to add it to the nfs-ganesha source.
>
> Depending on the license of course.

If this is both the easiest and the recommended path, then lets see if
the LizardFS developers will go for it.  The license for this code is
GPLv3.

> >    3. Convince the NFS Ganesha developers to create a library that you can
> >       compile FSAL's against?  (The last thread I saw in the NFS Ganesha
> >       devel list on this subject was six years old)
>
> That would be a non-trivial amount of work with little benefit to the
> current FSAL developers.
>
> It's not an unreasonable request, per se, but we have other, higher
> priorities.

I totally understand that.

> >    4. ???
> >
> > Any advice would be great, as I'd love to get this feature into
> > Fedora's release of LizardFS.
>
> Do you have a contact for someone at LizardFS?  I looked at their web
> site and nothing popped out at me.

The main developer that I've communicated with is:
Piotr Sarna <sarna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Jonathan