LizardFS NFS Ganesha integration with no shared library available

(This is meant for the Fedora devel mailing list, but I've cc'd the
nfs-ganesha mailing list in the hopes that they might see something I'm
missing)

The latest release of the LizardFS distributed filesystem includes a
FSAL for NFS Ganesha, allowing you to mount a LizardFS filesystem using
NFS (or pNFS, if you prefer).

Unfortunately, NFS Ganesha doesn't provide a library to build the
LizardFS FSAL against, so LizardFS upstream downloads the complete NFS
Ganesha source and builds against that.

As far as I can see, all the other FSAL's are maintained and built in
NFS Ganesha.

What is the best way for me to include NFS Ganesha support in LizardFS?
   1. Include the latest Fedora NFS Ganesha source and add a hard requires
      to that version in the LizardFS NFS subpackage.
   2. Convince the LizardFS developers to try to move their FSAL into NFS
      Ganesha? (LizardFS has just added a client library and doesn't have
      a server library, so this will probably take some work)
   3. Convince the NFS Ganesha developers to create a library that you can
      compile FSAL's against?  (The last thread I saw in the NFS Ganesha
      devel list on this subject was six years old)
   4. ???

Any advice would be great, as I'd love to get this feature into
Fedora's release of LizardFS.

Jonathan