Re: SciDAVis and liborigin3 vs liborigin & liborigin2 - bundle or obsolete?

Hello, Alexander.
Sorry to bring back an old e-mail, but it seems there were no replies.

On Saturday, 26 August 2017 at 22:50, Alexander Ploumistos wrote:
[...]
> I have checked if there are any packages at the moment that require
> liborigin* or liborigin*-devel and I have found none (though I'd be
> grateful if someone who feels more at ease with dnf could
> double-check). If not for this divergence, I would submit scidavis and
> liborigin3 for review as separate packages, with Provides & Obsoletes
> for the previous liborigin* and liborigin*-devel versions and be done
> with it. However I would have to use the unbundled copy from SciDAVis
> as source for liborigin3. Should I proceed with that anyway or should
> I keep it bundled until such time as the two codebases have merged?

If there are no other consumers of SciDAVis' liborigin, I'd keep its
copy bundled and stay with upstream for the regular liborigin package
(assuming it has consumers). If there are no liborigin consumers other
than SciDAVis, I'd just orphan current liborigin after adding the above
explanation to a README file in the git repo.

Regards,
Dominik
--
Fedora   https://getfedora.org  |  RPMFusion   http://rpmfusion.org