Re: Intent to retire jenkins.fedorainfracloud.org

On Tue, Jan 09, 2018 at 09:25:03AM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Tue, 2018-01-09 at 11:03 +0100, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > The Fedora Infrastructure team has had a jenkins instance running at
> > jenkins.fedorainfracloud.org for a little while now. This instance was
> > maintained on a best-effort basis though and we often had outage and issues when
> > upgrading it.
> > Originally the jenkins master was running on RHEL using the RPMs provided by
> > upstream jenkins. When jenkins became available in Fedora, we switched our
> > master to be Fedora using the RPMs from Fedora. However, nowadays Jenkins is no
> > longer packaged for Fedora, our jenkins master is therefore outdated.
> >
> > On the other side of the fence, with our dear friends from CentOS, is a brand
> > new, shiny and well supported Jenkins instance.
> > So we thought it may be good to leverage the CentOS infrastructure to alleviate
> > our infrastructure and maintenance.
> >
> > We are currently working on setting up a Jenkins master in ci.centos.org that
> > would be dedicated to projects ran in pagure.io.
> > It needs a small change to pagure.io and some work on the CentOS side but
> > nothing hard and we expect to be able to migrate the first volunteer projects by
> > early next week.
> >
> > Once the first migrations have happened and the first rough edges have been
> > smoothed we will be announcing an official retirement date for
> > jenkins.fedorainfracloud.org and migrate all the projects hosted there to
> > ci.centos.org, and of course help with the potential questions raising from
> > this.
>
> Will there be a standard / automated migration path for projects that
> have followed documented steps to implement a CI workflow through this
> Jenkins instance, like these:
>
> https://docs.pagure.org/pagure/usage/pagure_ci_jenkins.html

Having access to the DB we can easily find out which projects are using
jenkins.fic.o and once the migration is figured out and done, adjust the jenkins
URL for these in the DB to make the entire process not require any intervention.

Thanks for pointing it out, it's a good point :)

Pierre