Intent to retire jenkins.fedorainfracloud.org

Dear all,

The Fedora Infrastructure team has had a jenkins instance running at
jenkins.fedorainfracloud.org for a little while now. This instance was
maintained on a best-effort basis though and we often had outage and issues when
upgrading it.
Originally the jenkins master was running on RHEL using the RPMs provided by
upstream jenkins. When jenkins became available in Fedora, we switched our
master to be Fedora using the RPMs from Fedora. However, nowadays Jenkins is no
longer packaged for Fedora, our jenkins master is therefore outdated.

On the other side of the fence, with our dear friends from CentOS, is a brand
new, shiny and well supported Jenkins instance.
So we thought it may be good to leverage the CentOS infrastructure to alleviate
our infrastructure and maintenance.

We are currently working on setting up a Jenkins master in ci.centos.org that
would be dedicated to projects ran in pagure.io.
It needs a small change to pagure.io and some work on the CentOS side but
nothing hard and we expect to be able to migrate the first volunteer projects by
early next week.

Once the first migrations have happened and the first rough edges have been
smoothed we will be announcing an official retirement date for
jenkins.fedorainfracloud.org and migrate all the projects hosted there to
ci.centos.org, and of course help with the potential questions raising from
this.

Thanks for your understanding,
Pierre
- For the Fedora Infrastructure Team