Re: Security updates and batched pushes

On Tue, Jan 09, 2018 at 02:17:43AM +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
> I thought for some reason that all updates marked as security were
> automatically urgent, maybe I'm misremembering, but if not it might be
> good to do that as a RFE that way all security updates go out non
> batched.

There was some discussion. There are plenty of updates which have some
security implication but which aren't really urgent. I'd rather them
stay described as non-urgent security updates than people start not
calling them security updates. When they _are_ important to get to
users quickly, they should be marked that way. But that's always a
tradeoff -- more time in testing gives more of a chance to find
regressions or other probems.

Also, I think everyone in this discussion on _this_ list who would like
updates faster should probably be using updates-testing. Or at least
_looking_ at updates-testing. You can always pull individual updates
from there on a per-package basis, and doing this helps everyone else.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>