Re: Need help debugging hedgewars

Hello, Richard.

I've happened to stumble across a very similar issue recently. I've been working on an update to Colorful - which, like Hedgewars, is a game written in Pascal and compiled with FPC - and the game gives me an Access Violation upon exiting. This happens after all of "my" code has finished running; debugging with gcc says the error occurs at "dl-error-skeleton.c:187", which is part of glibc.

I've contacted a friend of mine to compile the game on Debian (which uses the same version of FPC) and his binary didn't display this problem. What's even more interesting, when I e-mailed him a binary I've compiled on Fedora, it also exited cleanly.

If anyone would like to help us get some more data points, you can try downloading Colorful source and compiling it:
https://github.com/suve/LD25/tree/devel-2.0

I'll be thankful if anyone can report being able to recreate the error or come up with some clues for its origin.

Regards,
A.I.