Re: Proven packagers - stop messing with other people packages!!

Hi all,

sorry but I think this mail goes into the completely wrong direction… You
claim that you don't want to point any fingers, but instead you blame *all*
proven packagers, including me. I claim that I respect the policies for
example. Only reason to use the rights are pure rebuilds for me, in case of
soname bumps and already broken dependencies. So when things are already
broken and a rebuild solves it. For changes in packages I used Bugzilla for
long time. Now we have pagure with its very nice pull request mechanism I use
in these cases to work with the maintainer. I know many other (proven)
packagers doing the same. So blaming all of them… sorry… NO!

I know what you want to say though, as I also know that *some* proven
packagers abuse their rights. I also had that situation with few of my
packages, but I managed this with the specific proven packager then. If some
proven packagers abuses his access again and again, an issue has to be filed
@FESCo, so they can instruct the packager and maybe remove the proven packager
rights later in case of another abuse.

Greetings,
Christian