Re: Proven packagers - stop messing with other people packages!!

​Hello Christian,​

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 2:44 PM, Christian Dersch <lupinix.fedora@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

sorry but I think this mail goes into the completely wrong direction… You
claim that you don't want to point any fingers, but instead you blame *all*
proven packagers, including me.

​my intention was not to blame all packagers maintainers, and it definitely went the wrong direction - I can see that.​

I claim that I respect the policies for
example. Only reason to use the rights are pure rebuilds for me, in case of
soname bumps and already broken dependencies. So when things are already
broken and a rebuild solves it. For changes in packages I used Bugzilla for
long time. Now we have pagure with its very nice pull request mechanism I use
in these cases to work with the maintainer. I know many other (proven)
packagers doing the same.

​And for that I thank you - this is what I would expect from proven packagers workflow.​

So blaming all of them… sorry… NO!

​Please accept my apologies (and others as well) if you're following the Proven Packager policies and you have taken my initial e-mail personally. It was not intended to offend people who follow the policies. (Actually it was not intended to offend anyone.)​

I know what you want to say though, as I also know that *some* proven
packagers abuse their rights. I also had that situation with few of my
packages, but I managed this with the specific proven packager then. If some
proven packagers abuses his access again and again, an issue has to be filed
@FESCo, so they can instruct the packager and maybe remove the proven packager
rights later in case of another abuse.

​This was the first time happening for me so I can't tell if it was actually recurring case or not. It seemed to me too far to take this to FESco straight away. Instead I tried to remind the proven packagers of the policy. However, I must admit that the format of this was based on affection and therefore not ideally chosen.

Best regards,

Dee'Kej​