Re: Minor schedule procedure tweak (rain dates and such)

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 5:17 PM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 02:58:19PM +1000, Nick Coghlan wrote:
>> The mismatch in the numbering here feels inherently confusing to me.
>>
>> How about if the numbers were aligned, and then the first Beta target date
>> was called something like "Preferred Beta Target" or "Beta Target 0"?
>>
>> That would give:
>>
>>     * Beta Target 0 (preferred): missing this shortens the Beta testing
>> period, but doesn't necessarily cause the Final release to slip
>>     * Beta Target 1: missing this means Final Target 2 is the earliest
>> release date that will be considered
>>     * Beta Target 2: missing this means defining new Beta Target 3 and
>> Final Target 3 dates
>>     * Final Target 1: releasing on this date requires hitting Beta Target 0
>> or Beta Target 1
>>     * Final Target 2: fallback release target if Beta Target 1 and/or Final
>> Target 1 are missed
>
> Sure, that works for me. I also appreciate your sneaking in the word
> "preferred" there, because otherwise "Target 0" sounds like "We know
> this'll never happen". :)

Thanks Nick, the idea is now implemented in the draft of the policy:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jkurik/Fedora_Release_Life_Cycle

Jan

> --
> Matthew Miller
> <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Fedora Project Leader

Jan Kuřík
Platform & Fedora Program Manager
Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkynova 99/71, 612 45 Brno, Czech Republic