Re: Why is Fx 57 in Updates Testing?

On Thursday, 12 October 2017 at 10:44, Felix Schwarz wrote:
[...]
> However I know at least one somewhat popular addon (NoScript) which is planned
> to have a release just before the Firefox 27 release
> (https://noscript.net/getit#devel). So the push to F26 updates-testing really
> hurts some users more than necessary.

NoScript developers offer this useful tip on the page you linked:

IMPORTANT: if you're using Firefox 57 you'll need to open about:config
and turn the extensions.legacy.enabled preference to true, otherwise
the browser will refuse to install Noscript.
Furthermore, you need a "blueish" Firefox, either Firefox Developer
Edition or Nightly. The preference trick doesn't work in "orange"
Firefox (beta/release). NoScript is currently a Hybrid WebExtension,
and therefore won't install on Firefox 57 pre-releases without this
trick. Before Firefox 57 is released in the stable channel, a pure
WebExtension NoScript will be available an you'll be automatically
migrated to it.

*sigh*
This indeed means the release in Fedora should be coordinated at least
with all Firefox extensions package mainainers. Martin, have you
contacted all the extension maintainers directly to coordinate? If not,
please do so now.

Regards,
Dominik
--