Re: [Modularity] Detailed Fedora 27 Modular Server schedule - discussion

On 09/25/2017 04:04 AM, Jan Kurik wrote:
> Hi friends of Modularity,
...snip...
> = Beta & Final Freezes =
> Typically we use the Freeze period for "code" as well as for rel-eng
> tooling and infrastructure. Having the rush in Modularity on my mind,
> I do not thing 2 weeks of Freeze will be beneficial here. However I
> believe 1 week of Freeze might still be beneficial to give QA a chance
> to request RC on something stable in stable environment. On the other
> side the Freeze might clash with module mashing support in bodhi
> (afaik).

Yeah, the infrastructure team talked about this some already and I think
the consensus was that a full freeze would not be a good idea, but we
could do something like a 'slushy' freeze. We do this for the holiday's
already, basically changes can still be made, but any large or
disruptive ones should wait, and people should avoid changes to 'core'
systems that might cause problems for release or normal operations.

kevin