Re: [Modularity] Detailed Fedora 27 Modular Server schedule - discussion

On 25 September 2017 at 09:07, Josh Boyer <jwboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 7:04 AM, Jan Kurik <jkurik@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi friends of Modularity,
>>
>> = Fedora 25 EOL =
>> There is a plan to make F25 release EOL on 2017-11-21. How we are
>> going to deal with it ? I see 2 options:
>> 1) make F25 EOL on 2017-11-21
>
> I would suggest keeping the original EOL date.
>
> josh

I agree on this. Keeping EOL releases longer than planned always seems
to confusion on both the part of users, developers and mirrors.
Looking at the conversion graphs, most of the people on release N-2 at
the time of release of N are going to be on it for months longer and
aren't converting to either N-1 or N. Yes some people do so but it
seems more of a long tail of conversion so 2-3 months of not having N
out is not going to hurt.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.