Re: GNOME 3.25.92 megaupdate

On Wed, 2017-09-06 at 14:02 +0200, Kalev Lember wrote:
> On 09/06/2017 01:22 PM, Tomasz Kłoczko wrote:
> > [tkloczko@domek SPECS.fedora]$ grep filetrigger * | grep icons
> > adwaita-icon-theme.spec:%transfiletriggerin --
> > %{_datadir}/icons/Adwaita
> > adwaita-icon-theme.spec:%transfiletriggerpostun --
> > %{_datadir}/icons/Adwaita
> > gnome-icon-theme.spec:%transfiletriggerin --
> > %{_datadir}/icons/gnome
> > gnome-icon-theme.spec:%transfiletriggerpostun --
> > %{_datadir}/icons/gnome
> > gnome-themes-standard.spec:%transfiletriggerin --
> > %{_datadir}/icons/HighContrast
> > gnome-themes-standard.spec:%transfiletriggerpostun --
> > %{_datadir}/icons/HighContrast
> > hicolor-icon-theme.spec:%transfiletriggerin --
> > %{_datadir}/icons/hicolor
> > hicolor-icon-theme.spec:%transfiletriggerpostun --
> > %{_datadir}/icons/hicolor
> >
> > Seems like packages installing other themes *already* are doing
> > exactly
> > what I've been thinking that they should be doing so updating per
> > icon
> > theme strategy should be OK.
>
> Right, I added file triggers to all gnome-related icon themes last
> cycle
> with the plan to delete the scriptlets from individual packages soon.
> can add the triggers to KDE and other themes as well if their
> maintainers are fine with it. rdieter?

Lets try to bring some clarity into this. The only 'drop dir' icon
theme is hicolor - applications are expected to install their app icons
there, which is why we need a file trigger to update the icon cache for
this theme when an unrelated package places new content there.

Other themes should be entirely self-contained within their package.
Apps have no business dropping icons intio Adwaita or HighContrast, so
it really is not necessary to have file triggers for those themes,
afaics.