Re: Mysterious build, perhaps tagged to wrong release?

On 26.08.2017 21:33, Adam Williamson wrote:

so really, you'd have to stick with 5.8.0 - just do some kinda merge
back to the 5.8.0-3 state, then do your bump and rebuild on top of that
- or do an epoch-bumped update to go back down to 5.7.1.
Right, I suppose given the smallish audience affected by this, it's better to violate the update guidelines once than introducing a permanent epoch bump.
Koji doesn't prevent you from doing builds that are older than what's
currently in stable. It just won't let you do a build that has *the
same* NEVR as a previous build, but it doesn't care if it's older.
However, as you found out, Bodhi *does* check and refuse to let you
submit an update that's older than the current stable version.
Should I have seen the error already when pushing to testing though?

Sandro