Re: tcp_wrappers deprecation

JJ> The denyhosts got last update also 10 years ago [2] and we already
JJ> have quite much 2 alternatives that can do the same using firewalls,
JJ> so it might be also a time to go for denyhosts. Or not, but clearly
JJ> document that OpenSSH will not be using hosts.deny anymore.

The last denyhosts release was not much over two years ago, actually.
https://github.com/denyhosts/denyhosts

I am nominally active with denyhosts upstream, though I just don't have
the time to do the things I really want to do (like fix my support for
the systemd journal or get firewalld support merged).

JJ> That would be great if you could review the dependencies if it is
JJ> used and drop the bogus dependencies.

I can verify that the dependencies are real.  There's nothing bogus
about them; the functionality works.  But if course if tcp_wrappers is
really to be retired then they will need to be rebuilt without it.

 - J<