Re: [modularity] First round of Boltron feedback published

On Wed, Aug 02, 2017 at 09:23:05AM -0400, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> The issue I am seeing with this is that people who want to keep existing
> scripts are also wanting to keep existing package mechanism. If I say yum
> install httpd I am expecting to get the RPMs and setup I have for N years.
> I am not expecting to get a profile and modular set of tools decided by
> someone else who came up with a name httpd which matches a different case
> need. The same with WordPress or some other toolkit.
>
> If the module WordPress pulls in maria-db and my site has been using
> PostgreSQL, I am not just going to be confused.. I am going to be angry
> because my other scripts to seed the database aren't working. The quick

Good examples, thanks.

Do you think that this problem is as bad if we overload / replace /
enhance comps groups and the @ syntax? Or do we need to find a
different character? (Uh, I guess % is sitting out there....)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>