Re: [modularity] First round of Boltron feedback published

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 01:47:28PM +0200, Adam Samalik wrote:
> The Modularity team has published a first round of Boltron feedback:
> https://docs.pagure.org/modularity/prototype/boltron/feedback.html

>From what I've seen on social media, response is largely positive.
Congratulations everyone! (And thanks!).

The thing that jumps out immediately is that respondents _really_
prefer the "dnf module install httpd" syntax — 73% love or like that,
while 7% dislike or hate it. 21% love or like "dnf install httpd" for installing
modules, while 46% dislike or hate it. And a full half of that dislike
is hate, or in other words more people completely hate it than like or
love it _combined_. The "dnf install @httpd" syntax gets just a little
bit less hate, but also less love.

"dnf module install" is also seen as backwards compatible, although
weirdly by fewer people than who like it. (I guess the people that make
up the difference see the whole thing as not backwards compatible?
Maybe they're confused with _forward_ compatibility?)

Also, people are not particularly keen on but accepting of the idea
that multiple streams of a module can't be installed in parallel.

And people *definitely* love updates staying on the same stream, which
is good, because that's kind of the whole point.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>