Re: Default location for addons AppStream metadata has changed

AP> As far as I can tell that change went mostly unnoticed, given that
AP> most of our packages still install addon metadata in
AP> %{_datadir}/appdata/. I visited the relevant wiki page[1] which
AP> %still
AP> lists the old location, but I could not edit it, because it says I
AP> should be a member of the "Packaging" group (btw, who belongs to
AP> that group and how does one become a member?).

I know I'm late but it hasn't really been made clear in this thread.
Pages under Packaging: are maintained by the Packaging Committee and
edits are restricted to the members of that committee.

Information about the packaging committee, including the procedure for
modifying the packaging guidelines, is available at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging_Committee

AP> Could someone with edit rights change the page to reflect the
AP> current state of things?

If changes to the packaging guidelines are required, please feel free to
write a draft and submit it to our pagure instance:
https://pagure.io/packaging-committee/

However, from reading the rest of the thread, it seems as if this isn't
a change we really want to make right now.

 - J<