Re: Finalizing Fedora's Switch to Python 3

MH> I just had a discussion with Tomáš Orsava and Petr Viktorin on
MH> #fedora-python. Rather than asking FESCo now to allow mass
MH> fully-automated spec changing, we'll open bugs as planned, but we'll
MH> attach patches generated by your script to them.

It's not really required that you get an ACK from FESCo for automated
spec changes as long as you have a clear plan, people on hand to fix any
breakage, and let the devel list know about the changes you're making.
The packaging guidelines are pretty clear about maintainers needing to
be prepared for automated changes to their specs.  But of course you can
run it by either FESCo or the packaging committee if you really want to
cover your bases.

The relevant guideline section is
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Spec_Maintenance_and_Canonicity

Of course, if you wait just a bit you'll be able to submit pull
requests to pagure, but that could get kind of messy.

To be honest, though, just fixing things for people where you can tell
those fixes are clean and easy is far preferable to opening bugs.  In
fact, it's specifically encouraged.  In any case, before you get to that
please do follow the policy for pass package changes:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mass_package_changes

 - J<