Finalizing Fedora's Switch to Python 3

Hello fellow Fedora contributors,

We've created a page on Fedora wiki [1] that's something like a Change proposal*.

The document is called "Finalizing Fedora's Switch to Python 3" and it describes steps needed in order to:

 * Switch /usr/bin/python to Python 3 in cooperation with Python upstream.
 * Switch `dnf install python-foo` to install python3-foo.
 * Hopefully eventually get rid of Python 2.

This is all planned to line with the fact that Python 2 will be dead upstream by 2020.

The first phase of the changes is planned for Fedora 30, which is pretty far away today, but the proposal involves changing thousands of packages. Hence we'd like to have something we can use to support our efforts.

I'd like to gather feedback for the document: whether the changes are understandable and make sense, whether you think we should do things differently, etc.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FinalizingFedoraSwitchtoPython3

* It involves steps in multiple releases, so we were advised not to create a multi-release Change proposal, but instead split it into more. This page summarizes it all an individual Change proposals will follow.

Thank you,
--
Miro Hrončok