Re: F27 Self Contained Change: Authselect: new tool to replace authconfig

On 18/07/17 20:43, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 08:30:57PM +0100, Tom Hughes wrote:
On 18/07/17 15:26, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 10:17 AM Tom Hughes <tom@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:tom@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

     Well none of my newly upgraded F26 machines appear to be running it ;-)

I said "default". So for fresh installs this is the case.

Yes my laptop, which had been installed with F26, was indeed running it.

It appears that whatever enabled it (anaconda?) did so by manually editing

The default nsswitch.conf is owned by libc, which, if I remember the
discussions with Florian earlier is also not deemed ideal.

nsswitch.conf however, so running "authconfig --updateall" to rebuild the
configuration would have disabled it.

I would say this is a bug in authconfig (and by the way, this is one of
the reasons curated and tested NSS/PAM stacks would be more reliable than
generating the stack based on user input where more or less anything goes..)

Well I'm just going by USESSSD=no in /etc/sysconfig/authconfig...

Interestingly something had changed that file in other ways - the default one installed by authconfig doesn't even have shadow enabled but my laptop had it enabled so anaconda had presumably run authconfig --enableshadow or something.

I agree that I'm no fan of authconfig but I've been in the habit of running --updateall when I get rpmnew files for nsswitch or the pam files that it generates which is fairly common on a upgrade to a new Fedora version.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@xxxxxxxxxx)
http://compton.nu/