Re: F27 System Wide Change: Graphical Applications as Flatpaks

On Monday, July 17, 2017 11:53:35 Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> I had this kind of fun problem upgrading F25 -> F26. I was lazy and didn't
> want to reboot so I was just running dnf distro-sync in a gnome-terminal
> session. I've upgrade this way since F6 and mostly it just works,  but
> forgot to nohup it. About 1/3 of the way through installing new packages,
> something causes gnome-terminal to die. I had to write a script to read
> the dnf planned transaction log and finish installing and erasing remaining
> packages, and manually run any %posttrans scripts.
>
> So yeah, even with latest Fedora things can & do go horribly wrong if you
> ignore the advice to not run upgrades from a live system.

How are you confirming that it was update of a graphical application that
broke your gnome-terminal and consequently the whole update process?

I would rather expect update of dbus, systemd and the like to cause such
troubles.  In that case, Flatpaks could hardly improve the situation...

Kamil