Re: Reminder: upcoming retirement of webkitgtk and webkitgtk3 packages

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 8:08 AM, Vít Ondruch <vondruch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It does not seems to be properly retired in pkgdb [1], although it seem
to be retired in dist-git [2].

BTW what is the state of Empathy which is broken by this retirement :(

Upstream master is ported to WK2, but there are bugs that need fixed (fallout from switch to single-window UI) before it can be released. So no Empathy until I find time to fix them or someone else decides to help. The goal is just to start Empathy with no critical warnings. I will cut a release once we reach that point. It should not be too hard to get to, I think, just needs a bit of time.

Remember, it's no longer maintained upstream for many years now, so if we want to keep Empathy in Fedora we have to fix it ourselves!

Michael