Re: Nvidia packaging for Fedora

Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:

- updated xorg-x11 packaging to separate the Mesa GL stuff
- some sort of alternatives system or post-install scripts to find correct provider of libGL.so.1

This already works with the rpms.

It does not. That should have been libGL.so.
See my other mail for details.

nvidia should *not* be the provider for libGL.so, but MesaGL. Else you end up with binaries that work only on/for nvidia users.

The Mesa libGL rpms conflict with the Nvidia ones.

No they don't.

If they are not uninstalled I get graphical glitches and performance
problems. The GL client and server versions differ. I suppose that's
because they're both in the linker path

Possibly a packaging bug... but IMO, not caused by the presence of Mesa_GL. again, report it:
bugzilla.livna.org

-- Rex