Re: F25 Self Contained Change: IBus Emoji Typing

On 05/09/17 18:06, Mathieu Bridon-san wrote:
On Tue, 2017-05-09 at 17:17 +0900, Takao Fujiwara wrote:
As I explained in Fedora 25, now the emoji typing is available in
IBus panel menu.
ibus-1.5.15-8.fc26 is now available in koji or copr.
I moved the emoji function in IBusEngineSimple to a panel component.
The UI is designed to work as an extended IBus lookup window which
can commit an emoji without mouse using Space, Enter and Arrow keys
and expected to be useful for both CLI and GUI users.
The shortcut key Ctrl-Shift-e is customizable with ibus-setup
utility.
If this is comfortable for you, I'd like to implement the similar UI
for gnome-shell.

Ctrl+shift+e might already be used in applications. (for example in
Gimp it fits the image to the window, in the Firefox Tab Groups
extension itopens the group management page, etc...)

I think for GNOME Shell the shortcuts are usually with the super key,
(e.g super+space to switch input sources), to avoid clashing with
application shortcuts.

I agree with you however probably I think the discussion about the shortcut key can be done when the settings are implemented in gnome-control-center.
The UI also supports Control-f, Control-b, Control-n, Contrl-p to move the cursor on the emoji candidate window.

Fujiwara