Re: Cannot dnf group remove "Cinnamon Desktop"

Hi,

8.05.2017 16:40 Jorge Gallegos <kad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
> [root@ragnia ~]# dnf group remove "Cinnamon Desktop"
> Last metadata expiration check: 2:18:50 ago on Mon May 8 07:18:18 2017.
> Dependencies resolved.
> Error: The operation would result in removing the following protected
> packages: dnf, systemd, systemd-udev.

1. Have you fixed your problem already?
2. I guess that dnf history undo would do the job.
3. What is your Fedora version (or what is your distro if it is
not Fedora) and what desktop environment did you have installed
before installing Cinnamon Desktop? My guess is that Cinnamon
replaced (uninstalled) some components of your previous desktop
which are required by whole OS. So now when you uninstall Cinnamon
you also uninstall those obligatory components. Instead (or rather
before) uninstalling them you'd have to reinstall your previous
desktop. But that's my guess only.

It may be a bug or it may not be a bug. We will not know without
trying to reproduce. Or it may be a bug but not worth fixing because
probably a workaround exists and probably switching desktops is
considered too advanced to be worth making easier.

Regards,

Rafal