Re: Cannot dnf group remove "Cinnamon Desktop"

On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 12:09:48PM +0200, Rafal Luzynski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 8.05.2017 16:40 Jorge Gallegos <kad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > [...]
> > [root@ragnia ~]# dnf group remove "Cinnamon Desktop"
> > Last metadata expiration check: 2:18:50 ago on Mon May 8 07:18:18 2017.
> > Dependencies resolved.
> > Error: The operation would result in removing the following protected
> > packages: dnf, systemd, systemd-udev.
>
> 1. Have you fixed your problem already?

I have not, but since it's not my main workstation I can live with that
for now

> 2. I guess that dnf history undo would do the job.

Hrm, I haven't looked at dnf history, fwiw this is the rough timeline of
events:

1. install fedora 23 workstation (comes with gnome)
2. dnf group install "Cinnamon Desktop"
3. live with it for a year or so
4. fedora-upgrade to fedora 24, then to 25
5. found the alleged bug

As you can see, the "original" DE was gnome, unsure how Cinnamon
packages are taking over dependencies, I am going to test Dan's approach
and not uninstall dependencies (only components of the group)

--
~kad