Re: Reminder: upcoming retirement of webkitgtk and webkitgtk3 packages

> It seems that nothing has been set to obsolete these packages. This
> is
> breaking upgrade from Fedora 24 to Fedora 27 (without --allow-
> erasing),
> since webkitgtk3 is installed by default in many Fedora 24 package
> sets, and is built against a libicu version that is no longer in
> Rawhide:
>
> https://openqa.fedoraproject.org/tests/82613#step/upgrade_run/9
>
> Can someone please do something about this? Thanks.

What do you think "something" should be? It was removed without any
replacement. I think passing --allow-erasing is just what you're going
to have to do in order to perform an upgrade that requires erasing
packages, right?

GNOME Software should already handle this nicely, informing users of
which applications will be erased, so at least it won't be a problem
for Workstation.

Michael