Re: Reminder: upcoming retirement of webkitgtk and webkitgtk3 packages

On Mon, 2017-01-23 at 07:35 -0600, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a reminder that the webkitgtk and webkitgtk3 packages will be
> retired from rawhide shortly after F26 is branched from rawhide. This
> is due to numerous security issues affecting those packages (I just
> counted 204 CVEs), many of which could allow remote code execution.
> Bugs have already been filed against all directly-affected packages
> [1].
>
> Note: to count the vulnerabilities, I just manually added up the CVEs
> listed at [2], ignoring the oldest advisory WSA-2015-0001, and
> discounting five of the older vulnerabilities in WSA-2015-0002.

It seems that nothing has been set to obsolete these packages. This is
breaking upgrade from Fedora 24 to Fedora 27 (without --allow-erasing),
since webkitgtk3 is installed by default in many Fedora 24 package
sets, and is built against a libicu version that is no longer in
Rawhide:

https://openqa.fedoraproject.org/tests/82613#step/upgrade_run/9

Can someone please do something about this? Thanks.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey